I know a lot of you are missing the fabulous cakes of our very talented baker Matt Clarke during this lockdown. So, if you're feeling creative, we're giving you the chance to get your bake on and try and make a Bora favourite from the comfort of your own home!
Challenge Accepted? Lets go!
Vegan Lemon and Blueberry Drizzle Loaf
250g self raising flour
150g caster sugar
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
220ml soya milk
120ml vegetable oil
100g frozen blueberries
zest of a lemon
For the topping
100g of granulated sugar
Juice of a lemon
1. Pre-heat the oven to 180/160 Gas mark 4 and line a 2lb loaf tin with either parchment paper or a loaf tin liner.
2. Put all the dry ingredients and the lemon zest in a bowl and mix lightly.
3. In a separate bowl, mix together the oil and soya milk.
4. Add the wet ingredients to the dry and gently stir in until just combined. Try not to overmix as it can make the finished cake heavy.
5. Take a spoonful of the flour and sugar to toss the blueberries in and then gently mix into the wet mix.
6. Bake in the centre of the oven for 40-50 minutes until a skewer comes out clean.
7. Meanwhile, mix together the granulated sugar and lemon juice.
8. Use a cocktail stick to make holes across the top of the loaf while it is still hot and pour over the lemon and sugar.
9. Leave in the tin until cool.
If you don't like blueberries, try raspberries or just go for a simple lemon drizzle. Gluten free self-raising flour also works well; just add 1tsp xanthan gum and reduce the baking time to 40minutes.